sexta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2007

Música de intervenção...

Simple Song of Freedom
Bobby Darin
(escrita em 1970)

.

"Come and sing a simple song of freedom
Sing it like you've never sung before
Let it fill the air, tell the people everywhere
That we, the people here don't want a war.
Hey there mister black man can you hear me?
I don't want your diamonds or your game
I just want to be, someone known to you as me
And I will bet my life you want the same.
Seven hundred million are you listening?
Most of what you've heard is made of lies
But speaking one to one, ain't it everbodys sun
To wake up in the morning when we rise.
Brother Yevtoshenko are you busy?
If not won't you drop a friend a line?
And tell me if the man, who is playing up your land
has got a warmachine upon his mind
No doubt some folks enjoy battle
Like presidents, primeministers and kings
So let us build them shelves, where they can fight amongst themselves
And leave the people be who likes to sing!!"

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário