segunda-feira, 20 de agosto de 2007

Everything is gone from me but the certainty of your goodness

"Dearest,
.
I feel certain I am going mad again. I feel we can’t go through another of these terrible times again and I shan’t recover this time. I begin to hear voices and can’t concentrate. So I’m doing what seems to be the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness. You have been in every way all that anyone could be. I know that I’m spoiling your life and without me you could work, and you will, I know. You see, I can’t even write this properly. What I want to say is that I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me. And incredibly good. Everything is gone from me but the certainty of your goodness. I can’t go on spoiling your life any longer. I don’t think two people could have been happier than we have been."

Virginia Woolf

2 comentários: